Pork Belly Burnt EndsPosted by Manuel Gonzalez on
What You'll Need
A BBQ Smoker
2 lbs of Pork Belly
Loubier Gourmet Chipotle Seasoning
Loubier Gourmet BBQ Sauce
Salt & Pepper
Cooling Racks (Optional)
1. Cut your pork belly into 1 - 1 1/2 inch squares and season every side of them with Salt, Pepper, and Loubier Gourmet Chipotle Seasoning. I prefer a spicier rub because they get finished with a sweet sauce. Allow the rub to adhere on all sides for at least 15 minutes.
2. If you have a rack, place your pork belly on it fat side up, and if you don't have one, you can just place your pork belly directly on the grill grates, but also fat side up.
3. Warm up your smoker to 225 degrees F. We recommend using cherry, hickory, or apple wood. Make sure to let your smoker run for 30 minutes to and hour before placing your rack with your pork belly in the smoker and smoking it for 2 - 2 1/2 hours, or until they hit around 170-180 degrees F internally.
4. Place each Pork Belly Burnt End into an aluminum pan and cover with brown sugar. Cut you butter into small cubes and arrange them in between the pork belly pieces.
5. Cover pan with aluminum foil and return to smoker for 1 ½ hours or until the pieces are tender.
6. Drain the liquid from the pan and add your Loubier Gourmet BBQ Sauce to the burnt ends. Toss gently to coat each piece and return to the smoker to set the glaze for 5-10 minutes and serve. Remember, you want your pork belly to reach 200 degrees F for it to be fall apart tender.
7. Enjoy :)
← Older Post Newer Post →