Creamy Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage and Kale on the GrillPosted by Manuel Gonzalez on
So You're Craving a Creamy Soup
I'll tell you right away, this is one of the best soups you can make for cold weather. Come autumn, this soup will warm you up, and all through winter as well. This is the type of soup that your loved ones will ask you to make when they want to feel warm and comfortable.
I love to make this Tortellini Soup on the grill, under charcoal and wood. It really gives the soup a smokey node to it, well worth it if you have a cast iron pot! Regardless, this recipe can completed over any heat source.
What You'll Need
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes
1. Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add in your onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional), and cook them until they are almost translucent (3-4 minutes).
3. Add in your Italian sausage and your Loubier Gourmet Italian Topper, mix and let it cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add in your chicken stock, crushed tomatoes (optional), veggies (optional), and tomato paste. Stir until paste is fully incorporated.
5. (Optional) Let it reduce for 5-10 minutes on medium-low heat, feel free to add more stock if it is looking low.
6. Add in your kale, tortellini, and heavy cream, and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes or until your tortellini and kale is cooked to your preference
7. Serve, top off with parmesan, and enjoy :)